Ruines du château St Michel

in Les Houches

Between 1289 and 1399, Béatrice de Faucigny built this castel on a rocky headland above the village Le Lac. This castel defended the access to the land of the priory.

Built on a headland at 870 meters high, it was made of a main building of 30 meters out of 13 with a tower high of 14 meters on the south.
It was a moutain fortress with a typical architecture: large walls made with stones from the river assembled with lime and a massive framework covered in wood tiles.
It used to be home for a lord who was in charge of protecting the priory.
Today, only one wall face with 4 arrow slits and the base of the tower still remain.

Freier Zugang.
Ganzjährig, täglich.
Ruines du château St Michel
chemin du château St-Michel
74310 Les Houches

Informations liées